Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is a WorldCat Account?
A free WorldCat account enables you to do the following:
- Create lists and bibliographies of resources that you can save and share with others
- Find other people's lists and bibliographies that you can follow
- Save searches that you can go back to at a later time
- Create "Works Cited" lists in one of the major citation formats (APA, MLA, Chicago Style)
- Review saved items, add tags to saved items, and set up your favourite libraries
- Create your own tags for items
In order to take advantage of these features you will first need to set up a free WorldCat account. This account is available to you in any version of WorldCat even when you are searching another WorldCat library.
A WorldCat account is different from a Redeemer Library Borrower's account. For information on a Redeemer Library Borrower's account please visit the My Borrower Account page.
Creating Your Free WorldCat Account
To set up your WorldCat account, take the following steps:
- Go to WorldCat.org.
- Click create a free account in the top right-hand corner
- Fill out the form and click the I agree link at the bottom of the page
- WorldCat will automatically sign you into your account.
Once you create an account, you can always sign-in with the username and password that you assigned yourself.
Now you can learn how to Create WorldCat Lists.
Peter Turkstra Library, Redeemer University , 777 Garner Road East, Ancaster, ON, L9K 1J4, Canada Circulation Desk Telephone: 905.648.2139 ext. 4266, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org