Skip to Main Content
How to Create a "Works Cited" List in WorldCat (2 min video)
How to use the WorldCat Citations Tool
- Create a free account in WorldCat (for help, go to Create a WorldCat Account.)
- If you already have an account, sign in.
- Search for research items in WorldCat.org.
- Move the items to a WorldCat list (for help, go to Create WorldCat Lists.)
- Go to the list and use the Citations View to see your WorldCat list. The Citations View will include only the bibliographic information that is available in the WorldCat record. In some cases (e.g. archival material), this information may seem incomplete.
- Select the items you want to export (the default option selects all of them).
- Select the Citation Style of your choice (e.g. APA, MLA, Chicago).
- Select the Order (Sort by) of your choice, e.g. Author, Title, Date, etc.
- Select how you want to export the references (e.g. HTML, Rich text, EasyBib, etc.)
- If you only need to cite one or two items from your list, click the Details and Notes View and then click the link to "Cite this item." Then copy and paste the style you need (e.g. APA, MLA) into your document.
- Because this will be a computer-generated citation, remember to check for errors.
Peter Turkstra Library, Redeemer University , 777 Garner Road East, Ancaster, ON, L9K 1J4, Canada Circulation Desk Telephone: 905.648.2139 ext. 4266, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org