If you will be using the images for personal study (or any of the other uses listed below), but not publishing them, then there is no need to ask for permission (or fill out the form).
Permission is required ONLY if you plan to publish the CMDC images (whether for non-profit or commercial use). The terms and conditions are listed below:
1.0 In this agreement, we refer to the Charlotte Mason Digital Collection (CMDC) as the “Collection”, this agreement as the “License”, any image from the Collection as the “Image” or “Images”, and Redeemer University College as “RUC”.
2.1 Non-Profit Use. If you use Images from the Collection for non-profit purposes, as RUC may determine in its absolute discretion, then, upon approval of your application, RUC grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, perpetual, revocable, non-sublicensable, worldwide license to use the Image on the condition that your use of the Image shall be prominently accompanied by the following credit line: Image used under license from the Charlotte Mason Digital Collection, Redeemer University College, Ancaster, Ontario, Canada. However, you are not permitted to use Image without the prior consent of RUC, even for a non-profit purpose, if you are making multiple copies of an Image or using the Image of an entire journal.
2.2 Commercial Use. If you are using the Image for commercial purposes, then you may only use the Image from the Collection after you have received a license from RUC. Upon payment of the applicable fees, RUC grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, perpetual, revocable, non-sublicensable, worldwide license to use the Image on the condition that your use of the Image shall be prominently accompanied by the following credit line: Image used under license from the Charlotte Mason Digital Collection, Redeemer University College, Ancaster, Ontario, Canada.
Fees for Commercial Use. All commercial use of an Image from the Collection shall be subject to fees, regardless of the format in which the Image is used. The fees are subject to change without notice. The fees are payable prior to receipt of any Image. The fees payable, not including the processing fees and taxes, for the one-time use of an Image are: CDN$1.00 for every use from 1 to 10; CDN$0.75 for every use from 11-100; CDN$0.50 for every use from 101-500; CDN$0.25 for every use from 501-999; and CDN$0.15 for every use from 1000.
3. GENERAL LICENSE TERMS: One Time Use. The License grants you a license to use the Image one time. All Rights Reserved. All rights not granted to you by way of License are reserved by RUC. Any further use of an Image from the Collection, such as subsequent editions, paperback editions, foreign language editions, etc., requires a separate license.
Complimentary Copy: One complimentary copy of each publication or production in which the Image appears must be sent to the Collection at RUC. Prohibitions on Use. You are not permitted to use the Image in any manner for which this License was not granted.
For example, you are not permitted to use the image in an advertisement, unless the Collection has granted you such a license prior to your use. No License to Create Separate Collection, etc. You shall not use or access the Collection under any circumstance for the purpose of creating a collection of the Images similar to or the same as the Collection or for the purpose of permitting the public to access and use the Images for their own purposes. No Rights Granted until Payment Received.
Although RUC may permit you to download an Image, no rights will be granted to you until you have paid for use of such Image and agreed to license such Image in accordance with this License. Any use of any Image contrary to the terms of this License will be deemed unauthorized use.
4. PROCESSING FEE AND TAXES Each Image requested in JPG format, whether for commercial or non-profit use, is subject to processing fees, payable in advance of delivery of the Image, as follows (subject to change without notice): 1 to 9 Images - CDN$10.00 per image. 10 or more Images requested in a single batch - CDN$5.00 per image. A 13% sales tax will be added to the fees.
5. DELIVERY FORMAT OF IMAGES Images may be retrieved in PDF format from the database through our website or, upon request, RUC library staff shall email the Images in JPG format (1944 x 2592 pixels).
6. TERMINATION OF LICENSE 6.1 Termination. RUC reserves the right to rescind this License for any or all of the following reasons: if you license any Image on the basis of false or misleading information; if any information provided by you pursuant to this License is deemed by RUC to be incorrect; if the use of any Image by you is deemed by RUC to breach any of the terms and conditions of this License; or if you become bankrupt, insolvent or otherwise cease to carry on business. 6.2 Effect of Termination. Once a License from RUC is rescinded, you must cease using the Image immediately.
7. DISCLAIMER 7.1. Disclaimer. Use of the Images is at your sole risk. Except as otherwise stated in this License, the Images are provided on an “as is”, “as available” basis without representations, warranties or conditions of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to representations, warranties or conditions of title or implied warranties or conditions of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or compatibility with any computer hardware or other equipment, operating system or software program.
7.2. Limitations of Liability. To the maximum extent permitted by law, in no event will RUC be liable for any indirect, punitive, incidental, special or consequential damages, whether foreseeable or unforeseeable, based on claims (including, but not limited to, claims for damages for loss of profits or loss of business opportunities, delay or inability to use the Images, mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion or corruption of files, errors, defects, delays in preparations or transmissions) arising out of or in any way connected with the use of any Image whether based on contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise.
7.3. Indemnification By You. You will indemnify and hold harmless RUC, its directors, officers, licensors, employees, and agents from any and all claims, liabilities, damages, demands, losses or expenses arising out of or in connection with: your use of any Image; the context of your use of any image in a licensed Image; your breach of this License; or your infringement of any third party intellectual property rights. Submission of this form implies acceptance of the above Terms and Conditions of Use. You will be notified whether this request has been approved.
Peter Turkstra Library, Redeemer University College , 777 Garner Road East, Ancaster, ON, L9K 1J4, Canada Circulation Desk Telephone: 905.648.2139 ext. 4266, Email: email@example.com